Hiking and bikingseason and swimming in the lake, fishing trouts in the Grabenmühle Sigriswil, …
Sigriswil lies 800 m above sea level on a sunny terrace above Lake Thun, with a beautiful view of the mountains and the lake. It offers good infrastructure for your daily requirements (cheese shop, butcher’s, bakery, fruit and vegetable shop with organic products, a Coop, a shoe shop, drugstore with health food) and a sports shop where you can rent bicycles and skis.
The attractions in and around the village of Sigriswil include: sigriswil-tourismus.ch/aktivitaeten/sommer
- Spectacular suspension bridge, 182 m high, 340 m long, in Sigriswil.
- Fishing for trout, in Sigriswil: grabenmuehle.ch
- A planetarium, in Schwanden:sternwarte-planetarium.ch
- An extensive scenic countryside for hiking and excursions. Ask us if you want any tips.
- Fitness trail
- Tennis: sigriswil-tourismus.ch/aktivitaeten/sommer/tennis
- There is a panorama trail around the lake. It is divided into 4 stages and Sigriswil is one of the stages’ starting / end points. brueckenweg.ch
- The St. James pilgrimage route leads through Gunten / Merligen, close to Sigriswil.
- Swimming and bathing opportunities in Gunten, Merligen, Oberhofen…
- Wellness opportunities in the Hotel Solbad in Sigriswil; in the Hotel Beatus in Merligen; and in Oberhofen.
- The caves of St. Beatus. beatushoehlen.swiss/de
- The Ballenberg outdoor museum, near Brienz. ballenberg.ch
- Day trips to Thun, Bern, Interlaken, Grindelwald…
- Ship excursions on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. ship timetable
- Skiing and snowboarding, in Sigriswil, Schwanden, Niederhorn, Beatenberg…
- Cross-country skiing in Justistal / Sigriswil, Schwanden.
- Winter hiking, snow-shoe hiking.
- Paragliding in Interlaken. fly-ikarus.ch
And much more. Come and ask your hosts.
Events in and around Sigriswil
- Parade on the 2nd of January. sigriswil.ch
- Fireworks on the 1st of August, Switzerland’s national day.
- Lake Thun Night Festival / Lake Spiez Night Festival seenachtsfest-spiez.ch
- Musicals on a stage in Lake Thun. thunerseespiele.ch
- Bear Festival, in Sigriswil sigriswiler-baerenfest.ch
- Dividing up the cheese at the end of the alp cheese-making season, in Justistal, with the return of the cows in a ceremonial procession from their summering on the alps. sigriswil.ch